- The clinic was started in 1953 by Dr. Neil Follett, a solo veterinary practitioner. Dr. Follett built a small hospital and established his practice at the present clinic site on Taumarson Road. The original building has been surrounded by several additions, but it can still be identified within the existing hospital. Dr. Follett and his wife, Betty, along with their children, lived in a small apartment in the basement of the clinic until the practice became established.
- Today, Animal Clinic of Walla Walla is owned by partners Dr. Bret Smith. Dr. Danielle Carey joined the practice in 2015 as an associate and Dr. Michelle Janik joined te practice this year. We have a competent and compassionate support staff including three licensed veterinary technicians, four veterinary assistants and three client service specialists.
Animal Clinic of Walla Walla is a full-service veterinary hospital providing medical care, dentistry, and surgery for companion animals and livestock. We also offer reproductive services including artificial insemination of dogs and horses, pregnancy diagnosis by ultrasound, semen evaluation and breeding soundness exams. Our diagnostic imaging capabilities include digital radiography and ultrasound as well as state-of-the-art endoscopy with a new a Karl Storz endoscope for non-invasive diagnostics and treatment. We have new IDEXX in-clinic laboratory equipment to provide complete blood count, serum biochemistry profiles, and diagnostic tests with a rapid turn-around for diagnosis and treatment of our patients. With staff trained in basic cytology, urinalysis, and fecal parasite analysis, we provide optimum care for all of the species we treat. In addition, we offer behaviour counselling and therapeutic massage for dogs.
We no longer offer billing at our facility, so all charges are Payment Time of Service. We accept all major credit cards, cash and Care Credit.
Client education is an important service of our clinic. You will leave your appointment with written information to improve the health and care of your animal.
Animal Clinic of Walla Walla provides 24-hour emergency service in cooperation with other veterinarians and clinics the area and we are equipped to make house and ranch calls. We serve Walla Walla and the surrounding Washington communities of Touchet, Prescott, Waitsburg, and Dayton as well as the Oregon communities of Milton-Freewater, Weston, Athena and Adams. If you are need of emergency services during business hours or after hours there will be an emergency fee.
Animal Clinic of Walla Walla has a reputation for excellence in veterinary medicine and outstanding customer service. Please give us a call, stop by to meet us, visit us on Facebook or send us an email. We welcome you and your animals!
If you need emergency care now, call 509-525-6111 right away.
If you are in need of emergency services after hours please call Pet Emergency Services in Pasco at 509-439-7467 and they will give you instructions.
Blue Mountain Humane Society
7 E. George Street
Walla Walla WA 99362
Blue Mountain Humane Society (BMHS) is a shelter that is devoted to helping stray, lost, and abandoned animals in Walla Walla. BMHS has partnered with other shelters and rescue organizations to transfer animals for adoptions in all areas of Washington state. BMHS utilizes local veterinarians and the Washington State University Veterinary Teaching Hospital for surgeries and medical treatments. One-week home trials are available for dogs prior to adopting.
Before being adopted, all BMHS animals are:
- Spayed or neutered
- Current on vaccines, including rabies if animal is of age
- Provided with 30 days of pet health insurance
- Cats have tested negative for FeLV and FIV
54738 Day Rd
Milton-Freewater, OR 97862
Cats Galore is a rescue organization that works out of a single home in Milton-Freewater. Cats come from wild colonies that are trapped, spayed/neutered, then released back into their “home”. Kittens that can be tamed are then adopted to local families. Cats can be returned to Cats Galore unless they are declawed. Call or email to set up an appointment.
Before being adopted, all CATS GALORE cats are:
- Spayed or neutered
- Tatooed to mark as being fixed
- Most are tested for FeLV
- FIV tested only if high risk (older males)
Adopted cats come with a free 4 lb bag of Science Diet cat food, and a DVD on how to care for your newly adopted cat.